This Week in Third Grade...
For the Week of March 25th:
- I can find the area of squares and rectangles by multiplying the length and width.
- I can break apart a figure to find the total area.
- I can find the perimeter and area of a shape.
- I can recognize the structure of different types of poems.
- I can recognize different elements in the poems I read.
- I can describe the characteristics of narrative, lyrical and free verse poetry.
- I can identify imagery in selected Mentor Texts
- I can write short stories using my imagination
- I can proofread my work using editing strategies
- I can demonstrate how the Earth orbits the Sun and the Moon orbits the Earth.
- I can identify the center of our Solar System and the many benefits of the Sun.
- I can identify the eight different moon phases.
Here is a PDF of the presentation that was given at our Back To School Morning. It has information regarding policies, please check it out.