This Week in Third Grade...
For the Week of January 21st:
- I can solve two-step word problems.
- I can read a word problem and decide if it wants me to add, subtract, multiply, or divide. Then I can make a plan and solve.
- I can preview nonfiction text, recognizing the different features that are found among them.
- I can identify the details or facts that are in a nonfiction text that support the main idea.
- I can recognize that nonfiction texts can be written from different points of view.
- I can identify whether the narrator or speaker of the story is first or third person.
- I can identify imagery in selected Mentor Texts
- I can write short stories using my imagination
- I can proofread my work using editing strategies
- I can identify what behavioral and physical adaptations are and how they help an animal survive in their environment.
- I can recognize whether an animal has a physical adaptation or a behavioral adaptation and what it is used for.
Here is a PDF of the presentation that was given at our Back To School Morning. It has information regarding policies, please check it out.